Oh look, a wiki.
Account creation is disabled, as this wiki contains vast quantities of what Wikipedia would deem "original research", and that information needs to be protected from random editing. That said, we are looking for folks who'd like to help with this project. It would be purely as a collaborative hobby done for the love of it, since monetizing this is a pipe dream. If you're interested in participating, you can contact tog(at)jonfmorse(dot)com with an introductions (or a slap upside the head if you already know me and want in).
|Note: No information in this wiki is "false", but due to the nature of the resources used to accumulate this information, this should not be construed as an assertion that all information is "true". Please see Accuracy Alert for details.|
Pages Needing Data -- you can help!
- Classification History Primer (breakdown of NCAA and NAIA divisional classifications and explanation of how we reference that information)
Each year of the following tournaments have been completely entered through 2014:
- NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament
- NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Tournament (including AIAW Large College tournament)
- NCAA Division II Men's Basketball Tournament
- NCAA Division II Women's Basketball Tournament (including AIAW Small College tournament)
- NCAA Division III Men's Basketball Tournament
- NCAA Division III Women's Basketball Tournament
- NAIA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament
- NAIA Division II Men's Basketball Tournament
- National Invitation Tournament
- Women's National Invitation Tournament
- College Basketball Invitational
- Women's Basketball Invitational
- CollegeInsider.com Tournament
- National Commissioners Invitational Tournament (1974-1975)
- ECAC Men's Basketball Tournaments
- NEW NCAA Division I FCS Playoffs
The following tournaments are close to complete, but there's data missing:
- NAIA Men's Basketball District Regionals (these were in effect the same thing as conference tournaments, with the winners receiving automatic bids to the NAIA national tournament)
We have all the data for the NAIA women's national tournaments, but haven't gotten to them yet. We have most of the data for the NAIA Women's Basketball District Regionals, but haven't started those either.
We do NOT have, and would like to get our hands on, data for the National Catholic Invitational Tournaments from the 1940s-50s.
Conference and Team Data
The following conferences have "complete" data for football and men's basketball, meaning that the team pages are complete for every team which is or ever has been a member of the conference, conference pages are complete, and season pages for each season of the conference's competition are complete (or are as complete as is possible given available data). Data updated through 2013-14 academic year.
- America East Conference
- American Athletic Conference
- Atlantic Coast Conference
- Atlantic Sun Conference
- Atlantic 10 Conference
- Big East Conference
- Big 12 Conference (Including the Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association, Big 6, Big 7, and Big 8.)
- Big Sky Conference
- Big South Conference
- Big Ten Conference
- Big West Conference (all-conference selection data in football is very questionable)
- Colonial Athletic Association (including New England Conference (1938-46), Yankee Conference (1947-1996), and Atlantic 10 (1997-2006) football)
- Conference USA
- Great West Conference (2004-2013)
- Horizon League
- Intercollegiate Football Association (1877-1893) (ancient precursor to the Ivy League)
- Ivy League
- Southwest Conference (1914-1996) (all-conference selection data in football is very questionable for all but a few years.)
- Triangular League (1885-1901) (another ancient Ivy League precursor)
- United Basketball Conference (2006-2007) (one-year transitional league for schools entering Division I)
- Western Interstate University Football Association (Sort-of predecessor to the MVIAA/Big 6/Big 7/Big 8/Big 12.)
Currently working on:
- American Mideast Conference (NAIA - This conference disbanded in 2012; information available at the time is complete, but this will be a long-term work-in-progress from this point forward)
- Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference
In the chamber:
Drill-down on women's basketball at this level is just going to have to wait unless someone wants to help with this project.